Kato USA, Inc.
Weighing in at more than 400,000 pounds and with a length in excess of 80 feet and massive 4300 horsepower tractive effort, the SD90/43MAC is one of the heaviest, longest, and most powerful single diesel locomotives in the world. To date, there have been three production "versions" of the SD90MAC. The SD90/43MAC was originally designed with a 6,000hp engine in mind, but was fitted with a smaller and more reliable 4300 horsepower engine that ended up being kept that way by most railroads, even though the option to upgrade to the higher horsepower engine was offered at a later date.
- Accurate painting and printing
- Powerful five pole motor with dual brass flywheels
- All wheel electrical pickup from scale 42" blackened metal wheels
- Directional lighting
- Operating ditch lights
- Roadname specific headlight placement and truck type
- Comes with a number of user applied detail parts such as individually molded windshield wipers, MU hoses, and grab irons
- Minimum radius: 18"
- Recommended radius: 22"
- DCC ready (8-pin plug)