Atlas Model Railroad Co.
The 5701 cubic foot covered hopper was introduced in the early 1970s for transporting bulk plastic pellets. Since 1972, ACF has built nearly 15,000 cars. Most of these were acquired by private companies including leasing companies, chemical companies, oil companies, and plastics companies.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Accurately painted and printed
- Separately applied brake wheel and etched-metal roof walk
- Eight full-width panel body with nine weld seams
- Ten 20" hatches
- 100-Ton roller bearing trucks
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Minimum radius: 11"
- Recommended radius: 15"
Accumate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.