Atlas Model Railroad Co.
The RS-1 was introduced by ALCO in March of 1941 with the delivery of the first of two units to the Rock Island. Combining the accessibility of a switching locomotive and the higher-speed tracking of a road unit, the RS-1 started a revolution in locomotive design that was soon embraced by all of the major diesel-electric builders. Despite ALCO's own introduction of higher horsepower roadswitchers, the 1000 horsepower RS-1 had a production span of 19 years (1941-1960) with 623 units.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Accurate painting and printing
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Realistic die-cast underframe
- Detailed cab interior with crew
- Directional lighting
- Golden-white LEDs
- Prototype specific details applied
- Separately applied wire grab irons, coupler cut bars, trainline hoses, lift rings, handrails and more
- Machined RP25 profile metal wheels
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Minimum radius: 18"
- Recommended radius: 22"
- ESU LokSound Select Sound and DCC factory installed
- Select Dual-Mode decoder operates in DCC or traditional DC
AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.