The 2-bay covered hopper first entered service in the 1950s. The cars handle loads such as cement, sand and similar denser bulk commodities. In the 1960s, American Car and Foundry introduced the Centerflow design. The Centerflow relies on the car's rounded body to provide structural strength without the added weight of bracing, as well as making gravity unloading easier. This 2-bay car came in a 2970 cubic foot capacity.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Separately applied brake wheel, wire grab irons, brake cylinder, valve and air reservoir with brake plumbing
- Photo-etched metal roof walk
- Screw mounted trucks for accurate tracking
- Machined metal wheels
- McHenry knuckle couplers installed
- Minimum radius: 9 3/4"