Chicago Metra F40PH #137 "City of West Chicago" (DC Version)
Kato USA, Inc.
The EMD F40PH is synonymous with the Amtrak era of American passenger trains. Although it has been retired from Amtrak service, it operated for over 20 years. It continues to be the motive power for commuter railroads all over the United States, including the Chicago Metra. Over 400 F40PH locomotives have been manufactured by EMD in various configurations.
- Accurate painting and printing
- Powerful five pole motor with dual brass flywheels
- All wheel electrical pickup from scale 42" blackened metal wheels
- Directional lighting and operating ditch lights
- Roadname specific details
- Includes optional user-applied detail parts such as MU hoses, numberboards, grab irons and more
- Minimum radius: 18"
- DCC ready (8-pin plug)
*Model shown with numberboards and detail parts applied.