Trailer On Flat Car (TOFC) has been in service since the 1940s when it was originally developed to load truck trailers onto flat cars to streamline service and minimize transferring cargo from boxcars to trailers. In the early 1980s, after the railroads were deregulated, TOFC service exploded in North America. The railroad's ability to adjust haul rates to be competitive with trucking meant new revenue in areas that the railroads weren't able to successfully compete before.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Highly-detailed, injection molded body
- Weighted for optimum performance
- Razor sharp painting and printing
- Separately applied brake wheel
- Screw mounted trucks for accurate tracking
- Machined metal wheels
- McHenry operating knuckle couplers installed
- Minimum radius: 9 3/4"
- Flat car includes one separate decorated 40' exterior-post trailer with road number 208555