The EMD GP series locomotives became some of the most successful designs of the age. Produced from the 1970s to mid 1980s, the GP38-2 and GP50 were quickly found in many different tasks of the railroad. From switching to pulling high priority freight trains across country, these versatile locomotives brought the goods to North America. Many of these locomotives are now being rebuilt with ecologically sound emission control for higher population centers. A new era emerges as technology meets proven reliability for these EMD products.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Accurate painting and printing
- Genesis drive with dynamically balanced five pole skew wound motor and dual flywheels for trouble-free operation
- All-wheel drive with precision gears for smooth and quiet operation
- All-wheel electrical pickup provides reliable current flow
- Bi-directional constant LED lighting so headlight brightness remains consistent
- Operating Xenon strobe beacon
- Prototype specific details applied
- Separately applied wire grab irons, handrails, windshield wipers, metal lift rings and more
- Machined RP25 profile metal wheels
- McHenry scale knuckle couplers installed
- Minimum radius: 18"
- Soundtraxx Tsunami2® Sound and DCC factory installed