Elgin, Joliet & Eastern 65' 6" Mill Gondola #90406
First built by General American in the early 1940s, the mill gondola was designed for steel mill shipments that required extra length and versatility. The sturdy riveted construction could carry the necessary weight plus both end panels were hinged to fold inward. This allowed long beams and other extra-length loads to extend beyond the length of the car. When carrying such loads, the mill gondola requires flat cars coupled to both ends to allow clearance of the overhanging load.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Highly-detailed, injection molded body
- Weighted for optimum performance
- Razor sharp painting and printing
- Separately applied brake wheel and wire grab irons
- Working drop ends - simply lift up and push inward to fold ends down
- Machined metal RP25 profile wheel sets
- McHenry scale knuckle spring couplers
- Minimum radius: 18"
- Recommended radius: 22"