Belt Railway of Chicago GP7 Ph. II #475 (DCC & Sound)
In 1949, EMD found exactly what railroads wanted in its new General Purpose diesel with the unveiling of the GP7. One of EMD's most successful diesels, the GP7 was plain but tough and some are still going strong after nearly 60 years of service!
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Limited edition - one time run of these road numbers
- Accurate painting and printing
- Heavy die-cast chassis for greater traction and more pulling power
- Powerful five pole, skew-wound motor
- All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
- Constant and directional LED lighting
- Prototype specific details applied
- Separately applied wire grab irons, handrails and more
- Detailed cab with crew
- Machined RP25 profile metal wheels
- Proto MAX™ metal knuckle couplers installed
- Minimum radius: 18"
- ESU Loksound® Sound and DCC factory installed