Introduced in 2003 to comply with tougher emission standards, and more popularly known among railfans and modelers as GEVOs, these big engines have quickly become one of the most popular locos worldwide. Designated as the ES44 (Evolution Series, 4,400 horsepower), prototype variations in North American service include locos with DC or AC traction motors and buyers have also specified center idler axles, as well as high adhesion or steerable trucks.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Limited edition - one time run of these roadnumbers
- Thousands in service from 2003 to present
- Accurate painting and printing
- Prototype specific details applied
- Heavy die-cast chassis for greater traction and more pulling power
- Five pole skew-wound motor with machined brass flywheels
- All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
- Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operation
- Constant and directional LED headlights
- Operating ditch lights
- Machined RP25 profile metal wheels
- Proto MAX™ metal knuckle couplers installed
- Minimum radius: 18"
- Recommended radius: 22"
- DCC ready (21-pin plug)