Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Built by the American Locomotive Company (ALCO), the low-hood S2 was introduced in 1940 to replace ALCO’s earlier high-hood switchers. The 1000 horsepower S2 was a turbocharged version of the S1. There were 1,502 S2s sold to North American Railroads. The versatility of the S2s was evidenced by their service on Class 1 shortline and industrial railroads.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Accurate painting and printing
- Redesigned and retooled hood, cab, chassis and truck frames
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Realistic die-cast underframe
- Directional LED lighting
- Prototype specific details applied
- Separately applied wire grab irons, coupler cut bars, handrails and more
- Machined RP25 profile metal wheels
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Minimum radius: 15"
- Recommended radius: 18"
- ESU LokSound Select Sound and DCC factory installed
- Select Dual-Mode decoder operates in DCC or traditional DC
AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.