Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Introduced in 1949, the Electro-Motive 1500 horsepower GP7 combined the machinery of the F7 with a hood-type carbody that offered high visibility and easy engine access. The GP7 was used in pulling every conceivable type of train and was sometimes substituted for part of a set of cab units.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Accurate painting and printing
- New die-cast tooling for frame/sill
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Realistic die-cast underframe
- Detailed cab interior with crew
- Directional lighting
- Golden-white LEDs
- Prototype specific details applied
- Separately applied wire grab irons, coupler cut bars, handrails and more
- Machined RP25 profile metal wheels
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Minimum radius: 18"
- ESU LokSound Select Sound and DCC factory installed
- Select Dual-Mode decoder operates in DCC or traditional DC
AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.