Atlas Model Railroad Co.
Built by the American Locomotive Company (Alco), the low-hood S2 was introduced in 1940 to replace Alco’s earlier high-hood switchers. The 1000 horsepower S2 was a turbocharged version of the S1. There were 1,502 sold to North American Railroads. The versatility of the S2s was evidenced by their service on mainline, shortline and industrial railroads.
- Directional LED lighting
- Fine scale handrails
- Dual brass flywheels for maximum performance at all speeds
- Die-cast hood and chassis for improved pulling performance
- Low-friction mechanism
- Separately-applied coupler cut levers, air hoses and piping
- Accurate painting and printing
- Factory-installed AccuMate® magnetic knuckle couplers
- DCC ready
- Minimum radius: 9 3/4"
AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.