Chicago & North Western 50' GARX Insulated Box Car #50740
Atlas Model Railroad Co.
A joint effort from General American and Evans Products, these AAR class bunkerless refrigerator cars were produced beginning in the early 1950s. Featuring two large horizontal panels flanking a 7'7" door, these cars had a very unique appearance due to the horizontal rivet strip that joined the panels. With fewer seams than a standard box car, these cars were supposed to be less prone to rust and leakage. By 1959, over 1,000 of these box cars were produced.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Accurately painted and printed
- Prototypical detail with many separately applied parts
- Machined metal RP25 profile wheel sets
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Minimum radius: 18"
Accumate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.