The Dash 2 locomotive series, unveiled by EMD in 1972, featured significant changes, such as a solid-state, modular electrical control system and improved engine components designed to increase traction and reduce exhaust emissions. A reliable work-horse, the GP38-2 remains one of the most successful locomotives ever built. Most are still in service today.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Accurate painting and printing
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Realistic die-cast underframe
- Directional lighting
- Prototype specific details applied
- Separately applied handrails and end railings
- Locating dimples for grab irons (sold separately)
- Machined RP25 profile metal wheels
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Minimum radius: 18"
- DCC ready (8-pin plug)
AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.