In 1949, EMD introduced the GP7. The basic design followed most diesel switchers with the addition of a short hood instead of an end-cab. The hoods were also full height to better accommodate the diesel engine and mechanical and electrical components.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Accurate painting and printing
- Genesis five-pole motor with dual flywheels and multi-link drivetrain for trouble-free operation
- All-wheel drive with precision gears for smooth and quiet operation
- All-wheel electrical pickup provides reliable current flow
- Bi-directional constant LED lighting so headlight brightness remains constant
- Prototype specific details applied
- Separately applied wire grab irons, handrails, windshield wipers, metal lift rings and more
- See-through fans
- Machined RP25 profile metal wheels
- McHenry scale knuckle couplers installed
- Minimum radius: 18"
- Soundtraxx Tsunami2® Sound and DCC factory installed