The EMD FP7 was a 1,500 horsepower B-B passenger-hauling diesel locomotive produced between June 1949 and December 1953 by General Motors’ Electro-Motive Division and General Motors Diesel. Final assembly was at GM-EMD’s La Grange, Illinois plant. The locomotive contained an auxiliary water tank and steam generator to supply steam heat to the trailing passenger cars. This necessitated a longer body and frame. Although intended for passenger service, these locomotives were regularly assigned into freight locomotive pools as well.
- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Accurate painting and printing
- Genesis five-pole motor with dual flywheels and multi-link drivetrain for trouble-free operation
- All-wheel drive with precision gears for smooth and quiet operation
- All-wheel electrical pickup provides reliable current flow
- Bi-directional constant LED lighting so headlight brightness remains constant
- Operating beacon on FP7A unit
- Prototype specific details applied
- Separately applied wire grab irons, handrails, windshield wipers, metal lift rings and more
- See-through fans
- Machined RP25 profile metal wheels
- McHenry scale knuckle couplers installed
- Minimum radius: 18"
- Includes FP7A #217 and F7B #315
- Soundtraxx Tsunami2® Sound and DCC factory installed